It’s a little hard for me to explain how much I love this sausage dip recipe.
I guess this best way is to say that I would gladly eschew all manners and eat it out of the pot while standing over the stove, even if you were standing there right beside me, patiently waiting your turn for a nibble. I’d probably start throwing elbows and double dipping, and you’d be all, “Really, TPO? Nobody wants your stank germs in the sausage dip.” And I’d be all, “It’s all mine then. Because I have dysentary and cholera and other assorted Oregon Trail illnesses. You don’t want nan of this.” And then I’d put my head in it and enjoy my last meal while y’all all watch the Super Bowl.
An easy, quick and savory dip perfect for parties and delicious added to to tacos, burritos and nachos.
- 1 tube sausage (I use turkey sausage to lower the calories and fat a little.)
- 1 can Rotel, drained
- 1 8 oz package of cream cheese (I use Neufchatel to lower the calories and fat.)
- Tortilla chips (or chips of your choosing) to serve
- Brown the sausage and break it up into small pieces.
- Dump the Rotel and the cream cheese into a large pot. Mix together and warm through.
- Add the sausage into the pot and mix well.
The recipe is easily doubled for a larger gathering, and can be placed on low in a crock pot during gatherings. Leftovers are easily reheated and enjoyed later.