Guess what? I drank all of my extra Weight Watchers points last week at the Back to School Mimosa party.
So instead of having Doritos and wine for supper like I really want to do, I’m having Ginger Lime Chicken instead. This required me to actually plan ahead and marinate the chicken instead of just buying all of the ingredients and letting them rot in the fridge while we eat fast food for every meal.
Pretty sure I deserve a medal. Or it would seem that way considering how much I got out of the habit of cooking this summer.
Bonus: this is adapted from a Weight Watchers recipe, but mine is easier.
|Ginger Lime Chicken||
- 1 lb chicken tenderloins or breasts
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 lime (skin zested and juice)
- 2 tbsp ginger root, grated
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp chili oil if you like heat, if not 1tbsp garlic or other mild oil if not
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro or 1/4 cup fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp scallions
- Mix all ingredients except the chicken and scallions in a large bowl.
- Immerse chicken into marinade and refrigerate 2-4 hours.
- Place oven on Broil setting.
- On broiling pan, place chicken and pour marinade over it.
- Cook chicken on each side for 4-8 minutes, depending on thickness of meat.
- Once finished cooking, serve with diced scallions and desired sides.
According to Weight Watchers, each serving is 5 points.