I went through the drive-thru at Starbucks on the first day of September this year, and half-jokingly asked if they had Pumpkin Spice Lattes yet. When
my new best friend the lady in the order box replied in the affirmative, I literally screamed. She screamed back. It was a Pumpkin Spice Latte cheer session.
Hi, I’m Tricia, and I’m addicted to the crack that Starbucks puts in Pumpkin Spice Lattes.
And I know you all are, too, because when I Instagrammed it and sent it to facebook, it got about eleventy billion comments and “Likes.”
As with most addictions, my Tall Nonfat No Whip Pumpkin Spice Latte fix gets pricey when I want one Every. Single. Day. It’s also five Weight Watchers Points.
So I set out to make my own at home. I’ll be honest. It doesn’t taste exactly like the Starbucks version, because I don’t know anyone who sells crack. (At least I don’t think I do.) But it is cheaper and easy enough, and has only four Weight Watchers Points; three if you skip the Cool Whip, but I suggest you don’t. The Season’s Delights Sweet Cinnamon Cool Whip is what pushes this homemade version of PSL to the yum factor.
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp sugar (brown is preferable)
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice (more to taste if desired)
- 2 tbsp Season’s Delight Sweet Cinnamon Cool Whip
- 1 cup strong coffee or espresso
- In a small pot, mix milk, vanilla extract, pumpkin spice and sugar. Whisk constantly and bring to a boil. If you don’t mix regularly, a skin will form on top.
- Prepare coffee/espresso.
- Pour milk mixture into mug, then pour coffee/espresso into mug.
- Top with Cool Whip and a dash of pumpkin spice.
4 WW points or 3 without the Cool Whip. Cool Whip makes it extra good. Totally worth the extra point.
Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post. I just really love some Cool Whip.