Thanksgiving, I’m a tiny bit in love with you and your cornucopious (See that? I just made up a word that totally makes sense.) bounty. Because, you see, I love food. And holiday food is the absolute best food. Especially when it is easy to make. In an effort to lighten up even the most decadent Thanksgiving foods, I decided to change up a few ingredients of my favorites. Thus, I give you my version of Paula Deen’s mac and cheese. (Seriously, you knew mac and cheese was going to be one of the foods, right?) and Pumpkin Pie Face Cake. (Also known as dump cake, but renamed because it is so good you’ll want to put your face in it.)
Skinny Crock Pot Mac and Cheese (Serves 4-6)
- 3 cups whole wheat pasta (I used rotini.)
- 4 tablespoons Brummel & Brown (A trainer I used to go to swears by the stuff, and I use it often.)
- 3 tablespoons egg whites
- 1/2 cup light sour cream
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup (I used the low sodium version.)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3 1/2 cups sharp cheddar cheese
- Boil pasta for six minutes. Drain. While pasta is cooking, spray interior of crock pot with non-stick spray.
- In a medium sauce pan, stir in 3 cups of cheese and Brummel & Brown until both are melted.
- Whisk the rest of the ingredients together.
- Spray the crock pot with cooking spray
- Put all ingredients into crock pot and mix well.
- Sprinkle remaining 1/2 cup of cheese over top of mixture.
- Cook for two hours in crock pot on high.
Pumpkin Pie Face Cake
- 1 large can of pumpkin pie filling (Any pie filling will work if you aren’t a pumpkin fan.)
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 8 tbsp (Equivalent of one stick of butter) Brummel & Brown (This is where the fat and calories of butter are reduced by 50%.)
- ice cream (Optional, but soooooo good over warm Face Cake.)
- Spray a 9×13 pan with cooking spray.
- Spread the pumpkin pie filling evenly over the the bottom of the pan.
- Spread the cake mix evenly over the pie filling.
- Melt the Brummel & Brown and spread it evenly over the cake mix so that all of the mix is covered.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 30-35 minutes.
- Serve a la mode or not.
Thank you to Good to Know & Unilever Spreads for being a sponsor. I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls Collective. All opinions expressed here are my own.