Today I got a calendar reminder that I set this time last year to blog about something that is irrelevant to me and my blog now. As I mentioned the other day about my new year’s resolution of not hanging out with People Who Suck, I’m also not going to write blog posts that suck. So bump that crappy internet abusing noise.
At least I hope I’m not going to write blog posts that suck. Gah. The pressure to live the life of a glamorous blogger is tough, homeys.
Punking out and listing Southern Spark’s top ten most popular posts doesn’t count as writing a crap post, does it? Say “no,” or I will hug you until it’s weird, put you on my Bad List and then blog about how much I enjoyed it.
- This Crock Pot Pork Loin with Balsamic Brown Sugar Drizzle recipe went viral on Pinterest. Pinterest and my love for it is also mentioned in the first sentence of the post. Coincidence? I think not. P.S. – It’s delicious.
- In “You People Are Freaks” news, there were more searches for “cross-dressing family pajamas” that led to this post than y’all want to know about. To be clear, I’m not opposed to the cross-dressing. It’s the family cross-dressing that I found odd.
- There was a whole lotta opinionating going on about BlogHer’12. And probably everyone wanted to see the picture of the Sparklecorn cake.
- Two words: Redneck Waterbed.
- Now I know I’m not the only pumpkin junkie in the world. The Skinny Pumpkin Spice Latte recipe is tasty and addictive.
- The Disney World Packing List. It’s pretty, (Thanks, kippy p.!) printable, and is the best one on the interweb. I promise.
- My ego almost stopped me from putting a guest blogger’s post in this list, but then I remembered that the best part of blogging is meeting and becoming friends with other bloggers who get me and who will do me a favor in a pinch. My friend Anne‘s post, “Advice from an old mom,” was well-loved and hilarious, and I’m full of gush and mush and gratitude that she and other bloggers were willing to help me out.
- Don’t call me to help with the school fundraiser. Just don’t. But if you sucker someone else into it, you should use Volunteer Spot.
- I love this Chicken and Veggie Enchilada Stack that I made exactly once and then blogged. There is much chopping involved, so I won’t make it again unless someone takes care of that part for me.
- And then there was this episode of Hot Mess Monday, wherein Frat Boy The Elder colored his exposed body parts with black and red Sharpie. Though Hot Mess Monday never really caught on, I might try and resuscitate in 2013. Send me your pics of your own parenting fails and we’ll talk.
Honorable mention goes to this post, in which I finally admitted that having unmedicated crazy eyes is no fun.
And that’s almost it for 2012. I’ll see you on the flip side when I’ll be adding Style and Home components to the site. Or trying to, anyway. Happy New Year, and thanks for reading my special brand of crazy here at Southern Spark.