So, I keep hearing that losing chub is easier if you eat more veggies. Supposedly they are good for you, fill up your ever HONGRAY tummy, and have maybe four calories. Too bad they are gross. Am I right? Yeah. I’m right.
A friend (Hi, Karen!) served a broccoli dish at her house the other night. It made non-broccoli eaters and those who begrudgingly ate it for nutrition believe that broccoli can be outstanding. The next morning I made a beeline to the grocery store and bought all of the ingredients, came home and cooked it, and ate it. I could not wait to have it again. So good and so easy.
Here is my version of The Amateur Gourmet’s version of The Barefoot Contessa’s Roasted Broccoli.
I Can’t Believe Broccoli is This Good (Recipe Serves 4-6)
- 2 large bunches of broccoli cut into large florets
- 5 tbs olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 1/2 tbs salt
- 1/2 tbs ground pepper
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- Preheat oven to 425
- Wash the broccoli, but dry it completely. Extra water will hinder the broccoli from getting crispy
- Place the broccoli on a cookie sheet lined with foil
- Toss broccoli with olive oil, salt, pepper, and garlic
- Cook for 20-25 minutes until crispy tender and some florets are browned
- Zest a lemon over the broccoli, then squeeze lemon juice over the broccoli
- Scatter pine nuts over broccoli